GEO Map Page
Accessing the Map
The map is accessible from a number of places including:
- MyPM Home Screen
- Work Order Objects Tab
- Notifications Page Map Tab
- Functional Locations List
- Functional Location Map tab
- Equipment List
- Equipment Map tabs
Basic Map Concepts
A summary of map related concepts is as follows:
Primary Symbols and Functions
I am here (reportedly). When you access the map it will center on your location and show this symbol.
Note : This location will be impacted by your mobile device location settings (if on mobile) your ISP point of access if via a desktop browser.
This is an object cluster. In can contain Work Orders and Technical Objects. On select the map will zoom down and may split the cluster into smaller blocks of clusters.
The colour of the cluster will change depending on the due status of any Work Orders that it includes:
- Red – Contains overdue Work Orders
- Orange – Contains Work Orders inside the start and end dates
- Green – Contains Work Order not yet within the start date
- Blue – Contains no Work Orders only technical objects
This symbol denotes a single Equipment record:
This symbol denotes a single Functional Location:
The device and MyPM application can be doing a lot of work and its performance depends on a lot of factors outside of the product developers control – like communication to and responses from the GEO system. If things aren’t working or being displayed right then reset the display.
Change Map Location
You can shift the map location by dragging with your finger (mobile) or mouse (desktop).
Zoom In and Out – All
You can enlarge and decrease the map size using the Plus and Minus on screen buttons.
Zoom In and Out – Touch Screen
If you’re using a touch screen device you can enlarge and decrease the map size using the pinch function.
Zoom In and Out – Mouse
In your’re using a mouse equipped device you can enlarge and decrease the map size using the mouse wheel.
Zoom to Selection – Mouse Only
To zoom the map to a specific location hold down the shift key while drawing a box using your mouse button. On release the map will zoom to that box.
Selecting the Legend will display the icons as currently selected and displayed.
Accessing Display Setting
You can change the information displayed on the map using the Display Settings button:
- Phone then the Display setting page will take over the whole screen. Selecting toggles this on and off.
- Tablet or browser the Display settings screen takes over the left had portion of the screen. Selecting toggles this on and off.
Changing Displayed Layers
You use this to select which layers to display on the map as follows:
- The predefined layers are the MyPM data, these will display for all MyPM users.
- The other feature layers are displayed according to the configuration and allocation through the users MyPM user profile/s.
In the illustrated example the tick boxes show that all MyPM Orders, except for those in the future, will be displayed along with ‘DOC Tracks’ from a customer configured layer.
- Have patience – It can take time to retrieve and display the data. This all depends on what features you’ve selected to show, your GEO server performance, and your device and connection performance.
- You should only select those layers that are necessary for your job function. Depending on your device and your selections you can overwhelm the processing power of the device in trying the unnecessarily return massive amounts of GEO data from the map service. Generally speaking desktops will run fastest, followed by later model phones (smaller screen size). Older tablets with low specifications will likely be the slowest.
- You will only see custom defined map data relevant to the level that your map is at. This is configured by MyPM configuration and optionally by the map service being called. So, for example, there would be no expectation of seeing individual power poles from a 10km up view.
Displayed Feature Layers
On selection of a customer defined feature layer the objects within the current map display range will be displayed. On selection of an item in the list:
- Mobile Device – will trigger the popup with retrieved data from the map service for the object. From here you can navigate to the map and it will center on your selected object.
- Desktop and Tablets – will center the map on your selected object and show a popup with retrieved data from the map service for the object.
Note: The displayed items are restricted to feature layer objects and does not include MyPM objects.
Changing the Base Map
Select and change the base map being displayed. These maps are configured by the MyPM administrators. Not all maps will be available when offline.
Selecting Map Layer Items
On Selecting a MyPM Map Item
When you select one of the Technical Objects then it will show the following dialog from which you can access the details of the object or create a Notification:
On Selecting a MyPM Map Item Cluster
When you select a cluster of MyPM items at its lowest level then it will show you the various Objects within the cluster. You can then navigate to the detailed screen for each:
On Selecting a GEO Layer Item
When you select a single feature layer then a popup will display the configured information to display from the map server:
On Selecting Multiple GEO Layer Items
If you select a map area where multiple MyPM and or map features are located then it will offer a list of the objects relative to your selection: