Maintain Inspections Templates – Inspection Question Page
Modified on: Fri, 21 Sep, 2018 at 7:31 AM
Inspection Question Page
This page is used to maintain Question values:
Maintain values for the Question:
- Reference URL
- Question value types:
- Asset condition grading 1-5
- Single value numeric
- Single value string
- Single value date
- Latitude/ Longitude (2 values)
- Latitude/ Longitude pair (4 values, i.e. start and stop position)
- Delta value between start / stop (2 values, i.e. odometer)
- Latitude/ Longitude pair and Deltas (4 values) with option to record multiple sets (for use with Notifications)
- Yes/ No response.
- Result update options:
- Equipment or FL master record field update options (6 standard fields where the E and the F in the description stands for Equipment and Functional Location)
- Classification Characteristic update
- Create Measurement Document (based on associated characteristic)
- Update Object User Status
- Take no action – just record results. For example, a Yes/ No response to a site safety check being undertaken.
- Create notification (Yes No) with required Notification Template.
- Answer Mandatory – does this Question have a mandatory answer required.
- Comment Entry Mandatory – does the user have to enter some Comments (long text) with the response? This is generally used in conjunction with the ‘Create Notification’ option where a ‘Notification Template’ is used – i.e. to capture some relevant text information for use in Notification Creation.
Note that Classification Characteristic update uses one of three options:
- Blank or allowed values for Characteristic where maintained in SAP
- Edited list of Characteristic values – specific to that Question allows control over values available and selection of Notification creation for some values
- Customer maintained Answer Group of values – for use in multiple questions allows control over values available and selection of Notification creation for some values.
Options 2 and 3 also allow the triggering of Notification creation based on selected value; for example, for a low asset condition grading. This can either be by directing users into the Notification process in the MyPM application or more simply requiring them to enter text in the Question screen and then creating the Notification on processing in SAP using a configured template.
A selection set can be used by multiple Inspection Questions. It allows the control of the values the be entered and, where necessary, the creation of Notifications.
Text entry is also permitted – to capture notes in the MyPM inspection results around the inspection.
Classification Values and Inspections
User profiles control which classification characteristic values get transferred to MyPM. The exception are those characteristics which are associated with Inspection Questions or used in the Inspection Template Assignment. These characteristics are maintained by the system in a hidden ‘Inspection’ user profile which gets updated periodically by scheduling the program: /SOTIUS/PM_PROCESS_RF_MD
This tab displayed the Question Groups against which this Question is assigned. You can’t edit the assignments here, they must be done from the Group:
Inspection Question Examples
The following provides some example configuration sets.
Example 1 – Equipment Technical ID
In this example the response will update the Technical ID field in SAP for the Technical Object (FL or Equipment).
Example 2 – Classification Condition Grading
In this example the response will update a characteristic value based upon allowed Characteristic configuration values in SAP:
Where the user selects 4 or 5 they will have to enter notes in the Inspection Question Response which will be processed in SAP as a Notification and using the Template specified:
Example 3 – Create Measurement Document
In this example the response will create a Measurement Document for the Technical Object.
Example 4 – Record and Event but no SAP Transaction or Master Data Update
In this example the response does not create a transaction or master data update in SAP but it is retained in the MyPM tables and an enduring record that the operator responded to a given question.
This inspection uses an Answer Group to provide a list of allowed responses.
Where the user selects PASS-NT or FAIL then they will have to enter notes in the Inspection Question Response which will be processed in SAP as a Notification and using the Template specified:
Example 5 – Multiple Inspection Answers
This is a special use of the question to gather points that will each create notifications. Each question will have a start and end point Geo location and Counter – an odometer or pedometer for example. Each response will create a notification in SAP on processing. You can use this type of inspection question to gather maintenance points on a linear asset (line, pipe, road or track).