Maintain User Profiles
The user profiles are an essential part of the MyPM configuration. They are assigned to one or more users and control what information they see when they Sync their MyPM applications. They are not the same as SAP security settings, which still have to be maintained for users to allow transactions authorisations.
Spend some time analysing requirements before creating or modifying profiles. Consideration points include:
- Include only what is necessary for that user or set of users to do their job
- Do not include data that might be helpful in rare cases
- The impact on sync times (users waiting) and cell data volumes from large data sets
- User can have multiple profiles located to them. So for example if one user has the need for larger data sets but generally they can be confined then create smaller sets and allocate accordingly
- Consider how frequently people’s roles change and how this might impact the data they need
The following data profile filters can be controlled:
- Characteristic – retrieve or exclude these Characteristics
- Characteristic Group – retrieve or exclude Characteristics in these Groups
- Class – retrieve or exclude, subject to other settings, Characteristics in these Classes
- Equipment Category* – retrieve or exclude Equipment with these categories
- Equipment Object – retrieve or exclude Equipment with these object types
- Equipment Plant Section – retrieve or exclude Equipment within this Plant Sections
- Functional Location Category* – retrieve or exclude Functional Locations within these Categories
- Functional Location Label – retrieve or exclude Functional Locations within these Functional Location Labels (alternative labelling)
- Functional Location Object – retrieve or exclude Functional Locations within these Object Types
- Functional Location Plant Section – retrieve or exclude Functional Locations within this Plant Sections
- Include AVLB Equipment – retrieve Equipment, within other filter parameters, that are not installed
- Include Superior Equipment – include all superior Equipment records for Equipment found using this profile. Value to set is: Sign I | Option EQ | Low = X
- Include Superior Functional Locations – include all superior Functional Location records for Functional Locations found using this profile. Value to set is: Sign I | Option EQ | Low = X
- Maintenance Plants* – retrieve or exclude data associated with these plants. This setting applies the overall restriction to the other data that is retrieved
- Material Profiles – include materials profiles which define groups of materials that will be available within the application. New with Support Pack 2
- Notification Types – retrieve or exclude, subject to other settings, relevant Notifications of these types
- Work Order Days Forward* – retrieve on Sync Work Orders, subject to other settings, whose start date occurs within this many days from today. Setting depends on maintenance planning cycles, user function and degree of self planning
- Work Orders Days Back* – retrieve on Sync Work Orders, subject to other settings, whose end date occurs within this many days from today. This allows users to close work that has exceeded its planning period or was previously undertaken
- Work Order Types* – the actual allocation of Work Orders is done in SAP and user determination occurs using the Order User Assignment setting in Maintain core settings
- Work Order System Status – by default released Work Orders are available to be sent to the application. With the Work Order System Status option you can further refine the Work Orders by including or excluding System Statuses. New with Support Pack 2.
- Work Order User Status – further refine the Work Orders selected with the inclusion or exclusion of Work Order User Statuses. New with Support Pack 2.
* These are the logically required settings.
The Notification filters do not apply to:
- Order related Notifications – you will get these regardless of filters
- The open Notifications created by a user – if this has been set to On in Admin Settings
In general these settings are purely so you can see if anyone has created a Notification. If your people generally have connectivity then we recommend not using this option and instead make use of the Maintain Online Reports functionality for Equipment and FL to query if issues have been reported as Notifications. That way you’re not needlessly taking Notifications to the device on the off chance that someone will need to see it.
- Null filters for other settings will mean that they are included – i.e., without an any filters for characteristics you will get all values
- Functional Locations and Equipment marked for Delete in SAP will mean that all subordinate Functional Locations and Equipment will not be included.
Select the create or copy option to create a new profile or clone an existing one. Or navigate to an existing profile to edit.
The profiles act in a similar fashion to SAP ERP search queries:
- Filter Object – see above to list
- Sign – I (include) or E (exclude) values
- Option – Logical equation – i.e. EQ (equals), BT (between); etc
- Low – Single value or start value for a value range
- High – The high value for ranges
Note that Exclude functionality can be used to exclude values that have been included in a range. For example you could include a range with all Work Order Types and then have an exclude line to remove PM02 orders. Exclude filters always take precendence over include filters.
- Values can be case sensitive. Since the entries are not validated please ensure that you use the correct referencing case – for example in GEO Map profiles.
Work Order Status Filters
The Work Order Status Filters allow you to choose additional Order System and/or User Statuses to filter the list of Work Orders. Order Statuses are unique in that a Work Order can have many statuses, whereas it can only have one Order Type. If you require two or more statuses to be used together, for example, that the Work Order must have both status “STA1” and “STA2” set then create a profile filter to include “STAT1 STAT2”.
If instead, the Work Order could have either status STA1 or STA2 then you create two filter entries, one for each status.
You cannot specify ranges for Work Order Status filters.
Association with SAP Roles
You can either manually assign MyPM profile to users and or associate a MyPM Profile with a SAP Profile and assign the SAP Profile using standard SAP User Maintenance:
Generating/ Regenerating Profile Data
On Save of the User Profile there is no automated update of the SAP ERP Sync Tables. This is deliberate to avoid end user disruption during working hours and systems load. The updates must be scheduled as a background job and in SAP using the program: /SOLTIUS/PM_PROFILE_ADD_MD with an appropriate variant.
Export and Import Profiles
To shift profiles between instances you:
Step 1: Export a given profile from the Profile view (header, filters and SAP profiles)
Step 2: Import the Profile Header:
Step 3: Import the Profile Filters:
Step 4: Import the Roles: